Friday, September 02, 2005

 
Hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day Weekend. I'm going to see my new baby cousin for the firs time this weekend :). I'm so excited about that.

I got my most recent labs back this week. My counts have fallen a little, so I'm no longer hanging around in the 12's. I'm in the 11's at the moment, which is still good for me, but since I did drop a little, my prednisone is staying the same for now. I'm hoping I'll go back into the 12's. I'm liking these higher numbers and don't want to slip back into my normal 10's and 9's I've lived with in years past. It's only been a few months that my numbers have climbed this high and and stayed. I'm hoping it lasts.

My prayers are with all of the victims of Katrina tonight. I hope the help and relief that is needed comes. It's so hard to watch such devastation.

Liss

Comments:
Hi Lissie,

this is Dawn from DBA21.
I was wondering what your lowest count has been.
 
Hi Lissie,

And how's your cousin? I hope your levels will rise again. I just got transfused today. Maybe it's the last time it was in hospital. In the near future they will give at home :) I am really excited about that.

Have a nice weekend and take care of yourself.

Jackie dba 21
 
Hi Dawn and Jackie,

For some reason I can't figure out how to individually leave you replies so I'll answer you both here.

Dawn --

The lowest hgb that I remember having was in the 6's. That was about three and a half years ago right before my last transfusion (my fifth ever). At that time, but hematacrit was at 18. As a child I may have had lower counts, I don't know. I think I remember having a hematacrit of about 16 once.

My normal range seems to be in the 10's.

Jackie--

My cousin is doing fine. Her new baby is very cute, as well as her three year old. Her husband didn't get the time off work to be able to fly down to visit, but she says he's doing well at work.

I bet you're feeling better after your transfusion. That's great that you'll be able to have the transfusions at home now. That sounds like it's more comfortable than a hospital. You have a nice weekend as well.

Lissie
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?